This week, in association with the British Horse Society and their Business Support Team, we participated in an online “coffee morning” event which was attended by members of their accredited centres to discuss all things equestrian planning.
There was no formal structure to this event but it allowed members to engage and ask questions relating to their sites on all sorts of topics relating to provision of new facilities as well as existing permissions – the hour went extremely quick and we are hopeful that another, similar, session will be organised in the future. We’ve received really great feedback and have enjoyed following up with people on more specific matters which we can assist with.
So, what’s next in terms of events? We will be at the National Equine Show at the NEC, Birmingham, on 2-3 March (stand C2) so come and say hello and ask any questions you may have and see if we can help you! Eleni has also been asked to speak at this event as part of a panel (on the skills stage) on careers in the equestrian sector that are not often thought about and we also have an editorial in The Yard Supplement Magazine which you can look out for as we continue to try and make the world of planning significantly less complex for you.
Got a planning query? Need some help? Get in touch and, in the meantime, here are some links to some of our resources we may also be of use:
- What goes into a planning application – What goes into a planning application? – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy;
- Considering access to your development – Guest Article – Considering access to your development – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy;
- Designing your stables with planning in mind – DESIGN YOUR STABLES WITH PLANNING IN MIND – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy;
- All about arenas – ALL ABOUT ARENAS – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy;
- Mobile Shelters – MOBILE SHELTERS – DO YOU NEED PERMISSION? – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy.
We also recorded a Podcast last February where we talk all things planning with Amanda Watson on the This Business of Horses Podcast – EQUESTRIAN PLANNING – NEW PODCAST APPEARANCE – The Equestrian Planning Consultancy